Minimum requirements for participating in Meeting Guide
Meeting Guide participation is open to all general service areas, districts, Intergroup Central Offices, and international General Service Offices listed on aa.org’s “A.A. Near You” section.
Because of the technical requirements related to gathering data from a large number of sources, participants need to meet the following requirements:
- Have their own independent website
- List their meetings on their website in a database
- Allow access to the data that powers the live meeting list (not a copy)
Some things that won’t work:
- Emailing meeting list files
- Featuring a meeting finder on a hidden page
- Setting up a secondary website just to get connected
- Using a manual process that requires a person to export data
These guidelines ensure the meeting data will remain current at scale even as trusted servants rotate through their positions.
See the articles below for more information: